A Church has stood on the present site for about 1,000 years and was mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086.
Parts of the present building date from the 13th, 14th, 15th and 16th centuries, hence the external appearance having several architectural styles.
The tower has four bells, which were recast in 1908, and are rung from the ground floor. The Tenor bell weighs 9 cwt and is tuned to A.
In 2005 the church wall (a grade II listed structure) was renovated by the village as a Local Heritage Initiative with the aid of a Heritage Lottery Fund grant.
The church is still used today for regular services and falls under the Anglican Diocese of Ely.