A National School was built in 1845 for 55 children, supported by voluntary subscription. The school was later a Church of England School.
There are a few documents available at the Huntingdon Records Office, which comprise of a Log Book running from June 1 1915 to October 24 1945.
A 1946 plan and survey of the school by Pocock & Glover, National School Survey, give details of the school and its position.
The school was 36 ft long, 17 ft wide; the walls were 9 ft high with an extra 2 ft at the gable end. There was accommodation for 61children but reduced to 50 in 1934. The school was lit by oil lamps and heated by one open fire and a stove. The toilets were outside with 1 pail for the boys and 2 for the girls. The playground was 5,200 square feet of tarmac or 0.15 of an acre.
Wistow School 1946
Wistow Church of England School Plan June 1946
Source Documents from Huntingdonshire Archives, Reference 1133/27 Wistow School Plan
Reference 3469/87 Wistow School National Survey Plan and Photo
Debbie Booth, Jenny Head, Althea Walker
Heritage Day 2009